Sunday, September 21, 2008

One week

Wow, Ariana is 1 week old...how time flies.

I hear the crying fussy stage only lasts about 6-12 weeks...so here is hopeing its 6 and that means we only have 5 weeks left.

Honnestly Ariana isn't that bad. She has her moments. She can get colicy at times but I don't think she is a colicy baby.

Parent-hood is a journy of discovery. I discovered a few things already! Such as, even if a baby is full, clean, warm, dry and has had enough sleep...they can still be cranly. I also learnt not to try and cuddle with baby when she is hungry...just not a good idea.

Another lesson I learnt...it sort of goes with Murhpies law. When all the babies clothes are in the dryer and your down to your last clean onesie...and your changing the baby...poop will get all over you and subsequently all over the babie's last clean onesie...it's going to happen...deal with it...get over it...time to move on :)

Today is Ariana's first day at church. I can't be there because I have to work, however I am sure I'll hear a detailed report from Kim. I was looking forward to showing my baby off with Kim...however life does not have a pause button.

Yesterday we took Ariana out for a nice long walk. She of course was bundled nice and safe and warm in her blankie, in her stroller. She slept through all the walking, however it was really nice for Kim and I to get out of the house together. We took a walk around the community and stopped by Value Village where we picked up some nice shirts for her and some baby books.

Well thats about it for the play-by-play. Stay tuned!

No comments: