Friday, September 26, 2008

No sleep...no sleep....no sleep....no.........sleep

The last two nights have been by far the worst. I think kim and I are running off of 2 hours sleep in 48 hours...

It's funny, many people tell you this and warn you of this. All the stories and all the warnings in the world wont prepare you for what you are going to get.

It's frustrating not sleeping, but the lack of control you have over the situation that is far more frustrating. Like when you've been rocking the little bundle of tears for 30 min, only the soft music playing in hopes of lulling her to sleep. You peek over to see if maybe she gave in to sleep...only to see her tiny eyes open as wide as can be. You sigh, you cry, you scream on the inside. So you finally GET her to sleep...only to have her wake up 10 min later for her next feeding, crying and screaming louder than ever. WHAT you say, it has been 3 hours already?

So you follow everyone's advice...you know all the unsolocised advice people have been ramming down your neck? Swaddle her, rock her, shush her, change her, burp her, feed her, talk to her, hug her, walk her, touch her, let her hear your heart, lay her on her side, try the speical tonic(gripe water)....and when none of it works your left with the said reality that its 1 am...she hasn't slept...and probally wont...you havn't slept...and probally wont...it isn't her fault...it isn't your fault...and your left wondering ...did I really sign up for this?

*deep breath*

Well they say this all stops at 6 month right*looks at the callander*She's 2 weeks old...only.......5 month....2 weeks................10 hours..........46 minuts......54 seconds....*crys*

3 comments:

Patti said...

:)

Smiling in sympathy. Don't have my own kids, but I grew up with newborn foster babies in our house, so I have done the rock, cuddle, squeeze, talk routine, then glance over at the eyelids, and have them pop right open, not asleep at all!

No advice. Except "keep breathing". She's gotta sleep sometime!!!

D_Morrison said...

She fell asleep around 2:30 and after that sleep was pritty regular lastnight. lol God was nice to us lol.

Dougie G said...

"did I really sign up for this?"

YUP!! It's all you talked about almost right after you got married. A noble ambition I'd say. You're doing a fine job. Just persevere, and enjoy the ride. It will get better and the long term benefits are priceless. Oh! and pray, yes God can make the difference if you ask him.