Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Best Cookies Ever

We had a short black-out last night. Our whole block actually. Kim and I were in the middle of putting together the Bassionette(Cradle). So we borrowed a candle lighter from our neighbor's and chatted for a wile. When the power didn't come back on we were going to sit on the balcony and the four of us chat or something, but when the power came back on Kim and I went back to Baby-room-assembly. However half an hour later we recieved a knock on the door. Jenn(one of the girls next door) handed us a plate full of chocolate swirrl sugar topped cookies. They were warm and soft and melted in your mouth. The chocolate was mixed in with the cookies and they tasted so delicious...I'd post some pictures but they didn't last long enough.

"Welcome to the Building" cookies is what they were. Welcome we feel, and my sweet tooth is satisfied too.

We got somewhere with the crib situation. The company is sending the missing parts Fed-Ex to us, and any parts we need after THAT will also be shipped. We were happy to hear that.

The apartment is SLOWLY looking like an apartment and not a storage room. Half of the place is mopped and put together...and the other half is getting there.

The Cats have finally settled down and are eating normally and sleeping when they should...the first few nights were insane.

I'll post updates as they come.

1 comment:

Dougie G said...

Glad the crib problem was solved.