When Kim and I were married, we recieved three crock-pots. One we gave away(a very nice one too) and two we kept. Well they sat dorment for quite some time, until sunday when I decided to make a roast.
So, I pulled out the Large Crock-Pot, took a frozen rost and some carrots and potatoes and tossed em in, set it on medium and left it there for the day.
What we ended up with 5 hours later was a tender roast beef just like Grandma use to make.
Now, my favourite meal is Corn Beef with Cabbage...slow cooked so that the corned beef is melt-in-your-mouth good. Add the cabbage near the end so it doesn't get to soft, and save that broth for soup! I am excited to try out my corned beef and cabbage recipie in the crock-pot now!
Speaking of slow cooking! We went to the Hospital yesterday afternoon for an ultrasound(number 4). Apparently lil Ariana is quite a big baby(But normal big says the lady). at 37 weeks she sits at 7.5 lbs(approx) and appears quite active and healthy.
The ultra-sound tech said Ariana has a big head, but not too big...just big. She then took a look at me and said "She takes after your husbent, blame him for her big head".
I thought that was amusing!
The machine predicted Ariana's due date to be the 16th of September, the Dr still holds to the 30th and Kim prays with all her might that its a lot sooner than that.
As for me, I'm just gonna foccus on getting that nursary together.
5 comments:
haha! Big head? Don't worry, her body will catch up later. She'll be beautiful. Crock pots are nice eh? We use ours quite a bit. Oh thanks again, by the way, for the crockpot. It works great. I love the timer and the stay warm feature. Hope you don't want it back now.
Yes Ariana has a big head, but in her words "Not abnormal big, normal big."
She also has chubby cheeks...nice pinchable huggable cheeks!
Hey, I have a great beef stew recipe for a crock pot!!
Patti.,.. We've used your beef stew recipe many times.I've mad it so many times I know it off by heart. Don't need the card anymore. It is delish! It all started several years ago when Ruth was really sick and Roy brought over a meal of stew and bread that Alison had made. We always thought it was her recipe, because she made it. We didn't know you then either. Now we can give credit where it is due.
Thanks!
I'm interested in your recipe for stew Patti!
Post a Comment