Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I just finished C.S. Lewis' "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" it's part of the Chronicles of Narnia. I loved the first two movies and when I heard they wanted to make Voyage of the Dawn Treader the third movie, I was anxious to see what it was about.

I'm sort of hopeing now they don't make it into a movie. Don't get me wrong it was a wonderful read, short but a great read. The thing is, following pace with the first two movies, the Dawn Treader doesn't have the same feel to it. I think C.S. Lewis really steps up the biblical immagry from then on and the rest of the book's don't have that Hollywood flair to them like the first two had. Epic battles, centaurs and minataurs! Swords and giants!

I wonder what sort of angle they will take on the third movie. Will they remove all the Biblical imagry? With out all that, the rest of the books are kind of empty.

We shall have to see I guess

Now to read the Silver Chair!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

i haven't read the books for years and years -- i'm just starting them again.

I think Voyage of the Dawn Treader will make a good movie, with the voyage aspect... i do wonder if they'll keep in the part about Eustace/the dragon, though.

Dougie G said...

I want to see the movie Narnia that is out now. Haven't read the books. Some day when I get time?? A valuable commodity I have little of.

Patti said...

We went to see Prince Caspian on Monday. It was great! I didn't know they were doing the Dawn Treader next, but when Spike and I were talking about it, we actually decided we hoped that WAS the next one, because of all the different creatures and adventures. Will make for an awesome movie, I think.

The Chronicles of Narnia have ALWAYS been my favourite books, ever since childhood. They are my "deserted island" books.