Patti has started somewhat of a trend I suppose. After all what honnest pet lover can stand by wile someone tells the story of their beloved four footed friends with out also joining in the fun!
So, I will attempt to write a breif history of the feline Monarchy of the Morrison residence from 1983 to the present!
I have owned or co owned a total of 8 cats and one dog from past to present. 3 Rabbits, 4 domestic birds, one Crow, and a bunch of fish. Mind you this spans from being a todler to now so don't go thinking we had a zoo growing up or anything. There was never a time when we did not have a cat, and our Dog lived for nearly 20 years!
Lets start with the cats. In order, Jennifer, Misty, Toby, Pumpkin, Silver, Jade are the cats from times gone past.
Queen Jennifer The 1st
Jennifer was a cute little kitten I remember having as a small child. She was black and white and lived a very short life. When she was no older then 4 month old she hid under a stair as my dad was walking down the steps carrying a heavy load. My dad nearly broke his ankle, and Jennifer...well I'll spare you the details.
Empress Misty
Misty holds the world record for longest living cat in the Morrison house, lasting over 14 years and holding a very speical place in my heart. When she was a small kitten, she would follow me around FOREVER. Well one day as I was trying to get some food for my parents out of the pantry, Misty tried to dart into the room when I opened the door. She made it, her tail did not. Misti recovered...her tail did not. So Misty, the little grey fuzz ball had no tail...well she had a tiny nub but that was in. She survived well into kitty old age, but never quite forgave me.
King Toby the Just!
Toby came about during the reign of Misty and left as soon as he came. He was the first ourdoor cat we owned and he one day decided he didn't want to come back. Misty was not too concerned.
Pumkin the Great!
Well Misty was getting very old now and didn't much like people anymore. She had been known to draw blood, torment visitors and frighten small children on halloween! But she was docile in her old age somewhat. We didn't really want a new animal, but Pumkin(no Im not spelling that wrong that was her name) decided differntly!
One day wile carrying some dishes down to the pantry of my mothers resturant, the little black brown orange and white kitten was found, we didn't ask, she didn't tell. It was a match made in heaven and Pumkin found a home. It was halloween when we found her, and her name was Pumkin from that day on. This was not the first time two cats had co existed at one time in the Morrison house. However rulers rarly like to share the same land. This was no excption. The conspiricy was quick and painless and the followers of Pumking the great silently did away with the old and wise ruler Misty. In truth to this day we don't know what happened to her. She may have gotten out one day and we never found her. Honnestly she just VANISHED...strange.
Pumkin ruled for many years before she too mysteriously died. We believe it was a heart attack. She died a year after I went off to college.
I'll finish the breif history of Morrison feline rulers next time!
1 comment:
I've had mostly dogs. MY sister was the cat person. I got my first boxer when I was 2 years old. She lived to age 12. Almost died after getting hit by a car at age 9. It cost $900 in vet bills to fix her up. That was a lot of money in 1970. We didn't go on vacation that year. I've owned two other boxers since then, male and female and a male Standard Poodle. I barried them all. I hate that. They're like your kids. I cried like a baby when I had to put them down. That's the part of owning pets I could do without. It hurts too much.
Post a Comment