Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I really should have known better...

I walked into the brand spanking new EB games at Sheppard Center yesterday, bright eyes and cheery I was! I walked right over to the front and asked "One coppy of Wii Fit please!"
After looking at me as if I was the biggest NOOB the world has ever seen he chuckled somewhat to himself, a cynical sort of chuckle and said to me.

"Were sold out"

As if I should have expected this before I walked in. Never mind the countless banners advertising Wii fit, never mind the comercials and all the hype. I should CLEARLY know by now, if Wii comes out with something I actually WANT and that looks and sounds FUN CLEARLY that means they will make so few of them that I will have to wait at least 6 month before I can find one. That is unless I wake up at the crack of dawn every morning and hound every EB games store in TO until finally they pull one out of the back just to get me to go away.
*sigh* For once I'd like to hop on over to the local game store and ACTUALLY find the brand new Wii game I've been waiting for sometime before a year or so after its launch.
But Alas, I really should have known better.

It really wasn't the fact that he told me it was sold out, as much as HOW he told me. It was as if me simply asking for it was some sort of hallarious proof that I am a noob of some sort. Clearly I can't be a gamer if I can't seem to grasp the concept of that new game CLEARLY being sold out. AS if gamers world round have come to accept that Wii stuff is IMPOSSABLE to find and anyone who dreams otherwise DOOM ON YOU. Meh, I shall get it one day, mark my words!

7 comments:

Dougie G said...

Is that an exersise game? Fit? What's a Noob?

D_Morrison said...

check my links Doug, I liked all the difficult or unknown terms to their meaning on Wikipedia :)

Don G said...

I thought you were just misspelling--------Noob---Boob---how do you tell ???

Dougie G said...

OK! Now it makes sense. Check the lincs!! Why didn't I think of that?

D_Morrison said...

I don't understand the half of it myself Don, but Noob is part of the ever growing language of internet Gamers. It gets much more difficult too. I shall blog about that someday. Words like 1337 and ZMFGZ

I am young myself and don't understand the half of it.

Patti said...

See, I just assumed "noob" was a misspelled "nob".

Which, I guess, shows what a "noob" I am.

:)

Patti said...

I tagged you for a meme at my blog. It's OK if you ignore it.

:)