Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Silver Chair

Well, the Silver Chair was also a good read! Marsh-Wiggles, Giants, gnomes and Green Witches, Snakes and all sorts of fun! I finished it today. This has to be the quickest I've gone through a serries...well...since ever.

It only took me the better part of two afternoons to get through it. I'm supprised at how easy they are to sit down and read. Normally the fiction I read takes a wile and the author fuddles(i think I made that word up...sue me) it up with all sorts of filler and other sorts *coughTolkencough* but Lewis just seems to tell it as if he was right there writing it as you were reading!

I love a good story, and the only thing better than a good story is a good Story Teller! I'm about to dive into "The Last Battle" and I hope it is as nice to read as the rest have been. But in a way it sadden's me. You see, after this there is no more. The wonders of Narnia come to an end. Alas all good things must come to an end indeed.

At least I have the new Indiana Jones Movie! Oh I can't wait to see that!

5 comments:

Dougie G said...

It must be nice to have a job where you get so much time to read. I think I'm in the wrong business.

D_Morrison said...

I don't read wile at work, I could never get any reading done there doug.

I read on the way to work, and at home after work, but never AT work.

Patti said...

CS Lewis is totally simple in his Narnia series. The Silent Planet trilogy is a lot more complicated. Also good, though.

I love the marshwiggles! I actually think the Silver Chair is just amazing.

But then I think all the Narnia books are just amazing.

I can't pick a favourite.

But the Last Battle is my favourite.

D_Morrison said...

PuddleGlum is my favourite character since I read Silver Chair! He is such a wet blanket, but all the same terrably funny!

Kelly said...

Re-read the whole series a few weeks ago (except for the Horse & His Boy ... that's missing out of the box set ... but i'm not broken up about it, because it's not my favourite book in the series anyway)

Caspian will be viewed this weekend with Glyn and the kids. Can't wait.

LOVE "The Last Battle" ... further up and further in! tends to be my "cry" while out wandering local trails and such.