The Monkees are the only singers alloud to sing Day Dream Believer! That is a new rule it shall be enforced through drastic measures. However, excptions may be made for the man who wrote it...;)
So Kim and I had a wonderful weekend dispite the TTC strike. We traveled down to Hamilton thanks to Douggie_G. There was at least one driver still picking up ;)
On saturday we got in late, and didn't do much. Sunday after church Kim and Ruth were off to a friends baby shower, and Doug and I retired home for some much needed R&R.
But let me back track for a moment! Before the shower, we all went to Subway for lunch. Kim had to get a gift, and we were all hungry. So after we ate, kim realized she needed tape to wrap the gift. After a few moments trying to improtu wrap, I decided to head over to wal-mart quickly to pick up some tape.
I went for the first role I saw and headed to the automatic register to pay. Well it was 96 cents, so I pop in a buck and expect 4 cents back. Well 80 dollars came out! That is right 80 bucks! So as a good citizen, I tell a walmart emploiee. After a moment and a talk with his supperior, I'm congratulated for my luck and told to keep it. Supprised, I do just that. I ask no further questions.
So, the shower is now over and the 4 of us head over to Pizza Hut for dinner. It took us a wile to locate a store however, but eventually we come out ahead!
After that the ladies watched the last half of a two hour Home Makover wile Douggie_g and I went for a 45 minut walk down by the vally.
The strike ended lastnight, but Kim and I decided to chill out in Hamilton for one more night, Douggie_G took us to Kippling station early this afternoon.
It was a great trip over all. Soon we hope to make Hamilton our home sweet home. It's all on God's time for now, we are waiting for affordable housing, and a promising job oppurtunity for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment