Saw both of them last night with Kim.
Now I can understand why everyone thought Ellen Page should have got the Oscar. I wasn't at all disappointed.
Lars and the Real Girl was hilariously. I just couldn't fathom how REAL the people of that small town made Bianca. It gets to the point eventually where you as the audience are almost cough up in this delusion with them! When you think about it, the plot seems sort of strange no? A man falls in love with a sex doll?! But the story has something to it! There's meat on them thar bones! It was something different and different is good.
Back to Juno, I was impressed. It's sort of one of those feel good movies where everything sort of works out in the end, but the cast has to go through hell and high water to get there.
What struck me above all was the acting of Ellen Page. I have never taken notice to her before and I was quite impressed. She acted circles around most of the cast to be honest.
The funny part, I'm not sure how much of it was acting. From what I've seen on TV and such, she's a lot like the character she portrayed (minus the 16 and pregnant part)
Here's the movie intro scene, which the artistic side of me absolutely LOVES! I'm not sure how they did this, but it just works, and the song? I don't know why but it's been stuck in my head all night!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxS2NkpwbNQ
But since were speaking about babies(Juno for those who have not clued in) lets talk about Kimberly and little baby Morrison! Our mommie to be is doing well, she is 17 weeks so far and doing wonderful. (Well I'm sure if you ask her that she might debate the meaning of wonderful, but alas isn't pregnancy wonderful...heh I'm glad I'm a man) But seriously its going well.
We hope to have an ultrasound pic up soon, hopefully one that will let us know a possible gender, and one that looks less ET like?
People often ask me things like "How is Kim? Is she having any symptoms?" I find that funny, I feel like answering "Well yea, seems one of the side effects is this baby is now growing inside of her!" Heh, but seriously do people really wanna know that stuff? "Oh yea she really threw up today! Should have seen it! It was like all green too!" Some things are better left unknown...or private. But all sarcasm aside, Kim has been relitivly symptom free(which is far from completely symptom free...however I'm sure you mothers out there understand better than I could ever explain)
Time's sure flying! We can't wait, only 6 month till baby!
3 comments:
We can't wait either! But, I guess we're going to have to. They say much of the joy is in the journey, not just the destination, so enjoy the ride! Easy for me to say. Kim might have another idea. It's going to be a new phase of life for all concerned. It's going to be good!
haha! It's fine by me if you keep "symptoms" private!!!
Glad everything is going great so far.
juno was an amazing movie, eh? i thought it was clever... and with a pro-life message which is something you really wouldn't expect either.
i hear "bella" is out now in canada (another one where the lead gets unexpectedly pregnant, but a lot more serious) and i'm looking forward to that one too.
Post a Comment