*hangs head in shame* I had just finished typing out a VERY long post about the woes of clothes shopping! Alas the internet has decided to swallow my post whole and therefore I have to rewrite it. I'm sure it was filled with spelling mistakes and gramatical errors anyhow.
Well, the time has come ladies and gentlemen! It has come time for Dan to go clothes shopping for the change of seasons. I go through clothes quickly and normally have to buy a few items at the start of every new season, least I find myself boiling in sweaters and long cargo pants all spring and summer long.
So with my wife's concent I leave the house with a wad of cash and four hours to pick out a few nice comfortable pairs of pants/shorts and some short sleeve shirts.
First stop, Winners! I love winners, cheap stuff good quality. Name brands for noname prices! But alas this location had a limmited selection in my size, what they did have I didn't like and what I LOVED they didn't have in my size. *sigh* Which brings me to a ranting point. SIZES! Why can't clothes sizes be universal! I pick out an XL and it fits, but a different shirt I try XL and I feel like I have a muscle shirt or spandex on! So the next shirt I buy I get XXL and it looks like I have a night gown on! It seems that teeshirts will fit me in XXL sometimes but others are ok for XL (Like the one I have on now) and short sleeve button ups seem tight at the shoulders in XL but golf shirts make me look larger than life in XXL.
Anyhow, second stop...Yorkdale Mall. To rich for my blood lemme tell you! I eventually find a generic jean store "Old Navy" and mull over a few things, still nothing catches my eye. I hunt and fight through the pile of jeans for the magical "40W/30L" but am unable to find many. I sigh and settle for 40w/32L knowing I'll look like a little boy in his fathers clothes...or maybe like I'm a midget or something...until I get them shortened for me. But why can't jean sizes be universal? I mean you find your size but are they relaxed fit? Ok, no wait there tight fit...no are they wide leg or hip hugging? No looks like there regular...what I thought relaxed fit was regular...no regular is different...wait flairs? Skinny...AHH! I didn't end up getting anything there either.
So I gave walmart a try....no luck. I find their clothes break after a few month's anyhow.
Maybe I'll get some nice sandles! So I head to payless shoes....after half an hour of mulling over the three choices for sandles I was given(Well ones that I liked anyhow) I left with nothing.
Shoe sizes bother me too...I swear someone in the fassion world is laughing at me.
I'm the sort of person who could remind you of a cartoon character. I could but a hundred of the same shirt and pant combo and wear a brand new clean set every day and I'd be totally content. I am the sort of man who waites till christmas and Birthdays to get new clothes...and sadly that has left me with a CLOSET full of hoodies and cargo pants that remind me of my teenage days but have little use for modern adult life.
It seems all the clothes that are hip and hot cost to much, and the cheaper stuff wears out too much.
I think I need to let my wife accompany me when I go clothes shopping from now on. After all, I don't want to end up on that "What not to wear" show on TLC where a bunch of snobby eletest types cut down and degrade you and then built you up in their own cookie cutter immage wile passing it off as salvation for the fassion-less!(not a fan of "rescue the poor ugly person" shows can ya tell?). Oh I understand that what you wear says a lot about you...but who decides fassion? Why are we so judgemental about what we all wear? Why can't we be like cartoon characters and wear the same outfit our whole lives!
*Sigh* A whole day and not one purchase...well I did buy a coffee...
3 comments:
The coffee is the best part anyway.
Shopping for jeans is never fun, not for anybody, I don't think.
Clothes shopping cannot be planned. If you plan, it doesn't work. If you don't plan, but sneak up on it, sometimes you get some great deals.
That's my theory.
hehehe, Patti I think that is the best theory in regards to shopping I have ever heard!
I loathe clothes shopping. With a passion. Most of the time I wear a uniform provided for me by my employer. That is just fine by me. Other people ( wife and mother-in law) buy my clothes. If left to me I would buy them every ten years and only if I had too. My wife loves clothes shopping. Needless to say she looks much better than I do. Size? Just look where it is made. If it says " China" or "Japan" you need a 3X. If it says "Canada" or "England", 1X should do. Anyways, what do I know? Take Kim, she takes after her mom and will look after you in the clothes department. We always marry people that are strong in our weak places. Clothes shopping is one of mine.
Post a Comment