Wednesday, April 23, 2008

360

Ok, so Kim and I went on our offical 1 year anaversary dinner last night. We did it early becasue its unlikely we will have a better chance to do it as the actual date approches, and we will be out of town the week before so all in all, this was the best time. Also, we both had the night off so we made it happen.

For our dinner, we choose 360, the revolving resturant atop the CN tower. We were NOT dissapointed.

Let me start with the view, it was breath taking. It was dusk, the sun was just beginning to set as we were finishing out meal, the orange glow over the water front was awesome. Not to mention the city itself. I have to admit eating wile spinning slowly in a circle left me somewhat disoreanted but I got over it eventually. The altitude also gave me a headache, but I managed.

Lets move on to the meal. I was afraid even before the meal arrived that it would follow suite with traditional high priced resturants. Which is to say huge prices and TINY portions. I was largly mistaken! We may have paid a high price for the meal, but it was a large meal indeed! Needless to say I was left STUFFED, as was kim.

Kimberly Choose the Ravoili, with Bruschetta appitizer and some chocolate mouse thing for dessert, and I went with the Smoked Salmon appitizer and the stake and potatoes for my meal. The steak was HUGE, potatoes hot and abundant, and the appitizer itself filling!

Kim's plate was heaping with ravoili, and the load of asaparagus they gave her was QUITE generious.

My only complaint other than the headache from being up so high(which isn't there fault now is it) was the server. He was quite borring and dull to say the least. He wasn't rude really, just didn't impress us. Not to mention he "neglected" to count the money I gave him and assumed the change was a tip...ha...$30 tip...not for that sort of service.

We left him MORE than 15% as it was a high class resturant but I was not about to leave him $30 for a LESS than stellar preformance.

NEEDLESS to say, for the price we paid, Kim and I were QUITE impressed.

After our meal we were aloud to walk along the observation deck, high above the city. The fresh air felt nice. We then paid an extra $9 each to travel 33 stories higher to the other look out deck (sort of cheap of them to charge extra for that I think, I mean a guest would have paid $35 to use the first elevator PER PERSON, why should we have to pay to use the other one? Meh.) It was worth the cash for that I believe. It felt nice to be atop of the world. (well my head didn't think so. I'm not afraid of heights, but it did give me a little bit of a headache)

We ended the night by renting a movie (Sicko by Michael Moore WHICH you can look forward to hearing about in my next blog!) and relaxing on the couch together!

Here's to one awesome year and many more!

4 comments:

Don G said...

Thanks for the synopsis of your evening out. Now that I know what it's like, I don't have to do it. A little rich for my frugal budget. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. You only get one first anniversary.

Dougie G said...

Happy Anniversary from Mom and I. Glad you had a good time. Sounded really nice. It'll be our turn soon......June 3rd is coming quickly. Maybe we'll try that too!

D_Morrison said...

I think it's worth the price Doug. My recomendation is to go later than we did. I'd say make resservations for around 8. That way its nice and dark when your eating and you can see the city by moonlight. It was nice for us to be there but we'd have liked it better if it was later.

Also, I recomend the steak.

Meredith said...

`now that i know what its like, i don`t have to do it.` lol. me either. that sounds like a great evening though!

jarod and i are married two years next tuesday.. amazing how fast the time goes.. but its good.