Friday, February 29, 2008

Unforgiving

Traffic today was simply unforgiving, bumper to bumper no matter which way you choose. As someone who drove for a living at one point, I am aware of the tricks of the trade, side streets, alternate routes, what not. Normally I can find a fast way around any traffic jam, but today was just insanity.

Everywhere you look, a sea of red lights and stopped cars. Larwence, Eglington, 401, Wilsion, Sheppard, Finch, Steels, you name it. There was absoutly NO WAY to get from the west end to the east end of the city in under 3 hours, MINIMUM.

Talk about stress, I understand roads were bad, so what can ya do? Crank up some good tunes and relax.

But honnestly, I'm getting sick of snow, snow storms, flurries, light snow, heavy snow, what ever form it comes in! Listening to the forcast is just despressing snow today, snow thursday(the biggest of the season as if we haven't had enough of the devil's white curse!). It's enough to make ya just give up and spend a week inside.

Well...I do have 10 days vacation next week...I think I'll do JUST that!

3 comments:

Don G said...

Hey Dan, consider " Unforgiving " as the column on the left. Now start a new column on the right side and list all the good things that happened today. Bet if you think hard, the right side column will be longer.

Dougie G said...

Traffic can get to you if you let it. That's one of the reasons I would want to move to HSR is to avoid that commute each day. While I'm driving my bus I am more relaxed. I just think to myself, "I'm getting paid by the hour, so who cares?" Sorry to break this to you Dan, but it ain't going to get any better. So relax, make sure you have a good book or some soothing music and let guys like me worry about the drive!
See you tomorrow night.

Dougie G said...

My neighbor says to me today " isn't this great". Speaking of the heavy snow fall. He says," I'm lovin it!". Different strokes for different folks. My friend Dave who clears snow for a living is sick of it too. So you're not alone. This to shall pass!