Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Night's can be a drag...

Sunday nights can be a drag ya know?

I came home right after church. Lets just say it was an off day. To be honnest I can't remember much of what Pastor Greene spoke about. I feel bad. But like I said, Sunday morning was just a total write off for me.

Well, Kim had meetings, and some shopping to do, and then work. So we parted after church, she did her stuff and I came home.

After laundry and some TV time, I decided at around 5 to head out, maybe go to the Gym, get out and do stuff. Bum around Future shop for toys I can't afford, that sort of stuff. I dawned my apparal, changed OUT of my cumphie house clothes and grabbed my gym bag and OFF I went!

Well, the gym was closed... I found that out when I got there. But it was not a total loss, I wanted a work out, and the nice walk did me good. when you figure walking from my place to the subway, then up all those steps, not too bad(not a good workout but better than nothing). Anyhow, it was off to the Future shop to bum around, but that was closed too. I was shocked! This is the biggest city in CANADA and at 5:30 and everything's closed. (ok its sunday but you get my point)

Going out to a movie was out of the question. See Kim and I are trying extra hard to save money so I didn't wanna spend that much(Am I the only one who things going out to a movie cost's too much these days?). Also, its never fun to go it solo.

So back out in the cold I went. DETERMINED to make something of my sunday night. I lounged at Star Bucks, with a small Iced Passion Fruit Tea and a toronto Sun I had from before.

It was relaxing, well once I secured a table.

I headed home after that, finished the laundry and realized Sunday evenings can be a drag somethings. Borring!

Anyone else fair better then myself?

1 comment:

Dougie G said...

We had a great time of worship this morning.There is some spiritual warfare going on, so we prayed and then had guest speakers from Gospel for Asia.
I had to go to work in the afternoon, so I once again missed the supper and a story......rats! I love going to that. My friend George was telling his story and I really wanted to hear it.
I guess what you experienced today is typical of someone your age.
I have found the older I get, the more aware I become of my mortality, the closer I get to leaving this world, the more I appreciate the time I have, no matter what I am doing. It's a blessing just to be able to breathe easily and feel well. I'm becoming more thankful for all the moments God gives me. That seems to take care of any feelings of boredom. Thankfulness has a way of changing how we percieve life. That's just been my experience lately, for what it's worth.