It's no secret, I love Christmas Hymns. No I didn't say Christmas Carrols that's right. I am not a big fan of Carols. I do however love Christmas Hymns. Every year around this time I pull the cd's out and night after night bless my ears with this imaculate worship music.
We sing of the Cross year round, of his death and resurection, but his blessed birth, the night the savioir was made flesh for the sin's of us all, only one time a year. And so I take advantage of that time with what I believe to be some of the BEST worship music EVER written!
Part of me is glad we only sing Christmas Hymns once time a year, they wouldn't be so speical if we sung them year round, but all of me desires to sing such honnest and bluntly true amazing hymns year round! Don't they just fill you with hope? I can't describe it, but it sure makes for a great worship time.
So what is your favourite? And why? This may take a wile but I am interested in knowing.
I have so many favourites, it changes with the weather, but this season it has to be "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"
Never have more true words been spoken. It is a decleration, a celebration and a proclimation! HARK! The Herald Angel's sing! Glory to the new born king!
http://www.carols.org.uk/hark_the_herald_angels_sing.htm
thats a link to the lyrics if you'd like to read them through.
I get inspired when I hear this hymn.
So whats on your heart this year?
2 comments:
Oh little town of Bethlehem - my favourite. Love, LOVE, love the lyrics.
I like the Christmas carols that have scripture in the lyrics. I don't really have a favorite. Hark The Herold Angels Sing is a good one. As my pastor said on Sunday, you can't talk about the Birth of Christ without talking about his death, because that is why he was born, to die for our sins. The ultimate and final sacrafice. Because of that, we are made Holy in God's sight if we recieve his gift of salvation! Now that is something to celebrate!
Post a Comment