Do you have Scotish roots? I do, though my fathers side. My father's mother was Scotish, and his father Irish. Best of both worlds right?
Little known fact about me, since everyone figures I'm Italian. My mother is Italian and we are closer to her side of the family then we are to my fatghers.
I'd like to visit Scotland and Ireland. Do some research into my family history. I'll have to make note of that someday when I visit.
in the meantime listen to this funny version of a classic jig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK6jHFezO_8
3 comments:
You can search your roots from your computer---go to www. familysearch.org
I have Scotch, English and Irish blood in my veins. A REAL WASP !
Since Don g is my father, I guess we share the same roots. lol. WE are part of the Macgregor clan.
Early Origins: Pictish
Gaelic name: Macgrioghair
Clan crest: A lion's head crowned
Motto:" S riogal mo dhream" (Royal is My race)
Coat of arms: A tree on silver background, cross wise a sword, on the tip of which is a crown.
Clan Chief: Macgregor of Macgregor.
Tryst: Ard Coille
Memorials: Balguidder Kirk
Plant badge: Scots fir.
Pipe Music: The Macgregor's Gathering; Macgregors Salute.
Clan Seats: Edinchip, Balquidder, Glenstrae.
That's your father-in-law in a nut shell. What do you think of that for a Scotsman? lol.
You should see me in a kilt! Nice!
:)
i have Scottish roots too. My mother is from the Leslie Clan and my father is from the Buchanan Clan. And if that isn't enough Scottish, The Williams are from the Gunn Clan!
Post a Comment