I never use to understand why my mattress had the month's of the year labled on its various corners. Untill my genious wife informed me that they were there to inform you which way the mattress should be facing during those month's. Well I wondered "what does it matter which way the mattress is facing?". Well as I found out, it does matter. Our mattress had not been "flipped" in a wile, so after a few rough nights sleep I decided it was time to flip it.
What a difference! I slept so well last night that I awoke to a numb arm and a sore hand. How does that make sense you ask? I slept SO well I didn't notice I was sleeping on my arm cutting off cirulation. I slept so well I had pillow creases in my face, I slept so well I didn't wake up when Kim was feeding Ariana...I slept well.
Speaking of Ariana, she is doing well for those who are interested.
She is really developing her own unique personality. For instance she is very allert and aware, always looking around, always figuring things out. She's also very strong willed. If she wants something or doesn't want something she is VERY adimant in letting you know.
For example if she is comfortable in a position and you move her, she will not just cry, she will wiggle and squirm and fight to get back into that position. If you are cudddling her and she does not wish to be cuddled she will actually push away from you. If she hasn't quite had enough to eat she'll pump her arms and legs and cry up a storm. It's really interesting to see her develop and grow.
She is really a mommie's girl. She will tolerate strangers and cuddle time with Daddy. But the one she REALLY wants is Mommie! If your not mommie and she wants mommie...she will let you know.
She weighs 10 lbs now and is pritty much sleeping through the night.
I'll keep everyone updated.
1 comment:
Yes, it is fun to watch her develop. She is so alert now. Her looks are changing too a bit. She is such a cutie. Her grandma and I love her so much. She may want mommy right now, but she needs daddy, even though she doesn't know that now. She will one day. Then she'll be a daddies girl! Your turn will come. Just for your information, I came across a web site that said you shouldn't bounce a baby that age too hard on your knee. It can actually do harm(brain damage) because their neck muscles are not formed enough to take the shock. So be gentle with her! Rocking back and forth is better! She needs to get a swing. I think she's going to like roller coasters when she get's older. I can't wait to see her again and see how much she is growing. You and Kim are such good parents. Thanks for taking care of my grandaughter!
Post a Comment