Well I am somewhat of a Cat person. I always have been, recon I always will be. Well sunday night my Cat Vachon gave me quite a scare. Let me explain.
It was an average sunday evening, my parents were down for a few days and we were all enjoying oggling over the baby. Well my dad was in the other room and he shouted out to me "Hey, your cat's acting kinda funny." So I went to check it out and sure enough she was acting kinda funny, really funny and not in a good way. She looked as if one of her legs was doing the opposite of what the others would, she was walking as if she was drunk and had no co-ordination. When we picked her up she couldn't hold her head up. When I put her down she began to spaz out a little and then sort of laied down and wouldn't get up.
We were worried, and since we had my parents van I took her to the vet. As you can probally guess the vet had no answers. Well no answers that would not have cost me an arm and a leg. All the tests they wanted to do would cost way more then an average family can afford. I was prepared to have per put down but she appeared to be getting a little better. The vet explained to me that what had probally happened was a seaizure. what we saw was typical behaviour after a seizure and perhaps she would get better. So one useless vet bill later we went home. The cat was not her normal frisky happy loveable self. She walked out of the carrier, drunk like and weakly tried to walk over to a corner...she made it three steps before colapsing. She was huffing and puffing as if she'd walked a mile. So I lifted her up and placed her in her comfortable cat bed. She stayed there all the rest of the night, and in the morning I found her in her litter box, half in half out...just sitting there panting.
I thought for sure she was a gonner. My wife and I decided to try and make her comfortable during what I thought was her last moments. Meanwile our other cat wanted nothing to do with the situation and kept far away.
Well all that day the cat slept on her cat bed, and she threw up a whole lot. It was sad, and emotional. However near the evening she ate a little when offered by hand, and drank a little when offered by eye dropper. All that night she slept with out a movement, with out waking up.
This morning I sleepily woke up to feed the other cat wile kim fed the baby. I rubbed my eyes as I saw not ONE little black cat head butting me legs at the door, but TWO.
Vachon was as alert and awake as ever. She was walking normal, she was meaowing and she was as hungry as a lion. She ate twice her normal ammount today and drank two full dishes of clean water. She has been happy and allert all day, giving out her normal supply of rough kitty kisses and rubbing up against visitors as they come by.
I do not value an animals life as I do a human, at least not in the same way. But Vachon is my cat. Our two cats have their favourite owners and Vachon took to me. When I am sad she slowly hops onto my lap and sleeps peacefully. When I'm worried she'll rest her head on my chest and paw up at me. When I'm angry she'll do something so cute I wont be able to resist. When I'm hurting she is there. An animal is like a best friend and if you have an animal you will understand.
When I woke up this morning and saw my cat allert healthy and happy....well I knew prayers really are answered.
Just thought I'd share that.
No comments:
Post a Comment