Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years

So I didn't end up staying home, I was given a way to go to the party AND make it home in time to sleep for my AM shift so it all worked out.

The downside? I didn't get to stay till new years. I had to leave at 11. I rung in the new years at home alone, but my beautiful and loving wife called me to wish me a happy new year!

So, at Dave's party we played some Xbox360, watched some TV, ate some nice food and played some board games. I was the offical drink mixer, which was cruel because I couldn't drink because I had to drive home. I did however learn my a nice recipie for a Chocolate Mint Matini!

I left at 11, so I'm not sure what transpired after that.

This morning as I was comming into work I got to see all the new years crazies. Most of them had settled down as they settled into their hang-overs. It was bitterly cold and the bus service was slow due to it being a holiday...so I was more foccusing on keeping my digets warm rather than paying attention to the crazies. But driving home last night LET ME TELL YOU the road was full of insane individuals trying to get from point a to point b. In the short time I was on the road I was passed about a million times, got a dozen honks, and probally a few middle fingers. The total anger its insane! Have I really caused you that much of a life issue that you must flash me that ugly mean "road rage" face OPEN your window and stick me the finger? Was it really worth all that effort? New Years....I tell ya!

HAPPY NEW YEARS DAY!

I wanna hear new years stories!

2 comments:

Don G said...

So, what 'ur y' lookin' for ? Humor,intrigue,gossip,mystery, excitement ? At my age, I can't give you any of those things. My New Years was as tame as they come. Just my daughter, son-in-law and the boarder for supper - a few hours gabbing - two glasses of wine - the last @ 8 PM. Watched a little TV - saw the ball drop in Times Square--then home. I was expecting to get stopped by the RIDE program and had several joking remarks already to use on the cop. Got all the way home and no RIDE in sight. Guess they were all parked outside of the bars. What a disappointment ! Or---maybe not---if I smart-mouthed a cop, I might be writing this from jail. OH Well !

Dougie G said...

My father the party animal! My New years was fairly quiet. Ruth wasn't feeling good so I got together with a few friends, just the four of us. We gabbed and ate and at 12:00am hugged and shaked hands and wished each other a happy new year,( I phoned Ruth), then I went home. That was it. No big parties this year. I actually really enjoyed the quiet. I think I like the small intimate gatherings with close friends much better than meeting people coming out of my bathroom I've never seen before. That really happened, only it was in the summer. Amazing what happens when word get's out on the street there is free food. Is this what happens when you get older? or am I just getting smarter? Who cares, I like the change.