Traveled to Hamilton today for an interview with one of the CH homes there. I pray God's will be done. I never feel good after interviews. Even when they go very well. They always make me nervous. The interviewers so solom and calm writing down what you say. Questions that you never know QUITE how to answer until your driving home and then you think of the PERFECT answer. I'm just not a fan of interviews; but there nessicary.
I know I shouldn't be thinking about this so much but the more time goes by, the more I am convinced I don't want to stay in Toronto anymore. Kim and I both agree but we have to wait for the right opurtunities.
I thought about just taking the dive! Find a nice appartment when Kim is on M.A.T.T leave and working Relief with CH there untill I can nail a contract. (Relief is working as needed as opposed to a fixed number of contracted hours).
When Kim and I were discussing it, I was reminded the reason we both moved to Toronto in the first place. To go to school, and now that school is out of the picture for both Kim and I, we really can't think of a good reason to stay.
I took a look at the big picture, and there is so much that needs to fall into place if this dream of ours is to become a reality.
We'd need to find a place to live, transfers for both our jobs, we'd have to give our notice at our current appartment, pull ourselves out of our church commitments(something I feel released to do). Sometimes that is why I am more fond of the set a date and move regardless method. Pick a date, lets say a year from today, and move. New appartment transfer or not. (The concept of working relief does not appeal to me however Its a nice way to get your name into multiple programs so it's not a bad idea).
The other method, apply for a transfer and move when ever I get one, seems to jumbled and quick for me. Look at it this way, if I'm offered the position I was interviewed for tommorow we'd have to pick up and move in a matter of weeks, a month maybe. Now I KNOW the only way THAT could work is God's hand all the way. First because I am not the sort of man to drop out of commitments be they work, church or land lord agreements. Second well...honnestly, I don't like the process of moving, packing everything, lifting so many boxes. (don't you wish posessions would MOVE themselves?)
*big breath*
2 comments:
I can understand your concern with all the details necessary to make a major move. I'll join you in prayer for God's help. As long as we are following His will, He will look after all aspects of the move.
Blessings
The first step is the mental preparation and change of attitude towards moving to another city. That is what has happened to me too with regard to my job and I think that has happened to you too, by the sounds of it. If I asked you 1 year ago you probably wouldn't want to move. I'm ready, willing and able to move to Hamilton. I wasn't 6 months ago. That change I believe is God preparing us for a move. That's the first step. The rest will fall into place at the right time. Just walk through the doors when they open.
Post a Comment