Friday, March 28, 2008

The INFORMATION SUPER HIGHWAY...is so BORING

The Internet is a vast information super highway! It gives us limmitless information, points of view, reading material and empowers us to think for ourselves and soar on to NEW and EXCITING Horizons in our modern world! I sit at its doorstep...and ...im SO DARN BORED!

That's right, the internet is HUGE and I can never find anything to do.

Here is a typical internet visit for Dan

1:00: Walk to computer, open IE
1:01: Log on to facebook, click on ignore for the 10 + apps that people want me to join
1:05: buy all my friends back on Friends for Sale
1:10: Log off Facebook
1:11: Log onto Blogger and read the Friendly Bus Drivers Blogg
1:15: Take moment to absorbe the wisdom
1:16 read through all the comments and comment myself
1:20: Read The Running Pastor's Blogger
1:25: Laugh
1:26: Stop Laughing
1:27: Comment
1:30: log back onto face book only to realize I have nothing to read or update so Log off
1:31: Log onto BLogger only to realize I have nothing to do or read so log off
1:32: Stare at my computer screen waiting for it to do something!
1:42: Snap back into reality
1:43: Read all my web comics
1:50: Stare at my computer screen waiting for it to do something
2:00 realize I've wasted an hour of my life that I may never get back.

Repeat process at least twice daily

3 comments:

Dougie G said...

I have a new post coming soon! Promise. This thing is time consuming and can be addictive and frustrating. What did we do before computors and cell phones? We were probably allot saner.

Patti said...

This post is SO TRUE.

Question - why "stop laughing" after reading my blog?

Just kidding!

D_Morrison said...

I think because if I diddn't eventually stop laughing I'd die or something :)