Friday, March 14, 2008

Druxy's offers healthy choices...

Druxy's Famous is a quaint little chain delli store across ontario, for those of you who don't know.

Their advertisment is "be good today" and their decore and store front is appealing and fresh. Kim frequents Druxy's often, and more recently I have become hooked. Nowhere else can you find such fresh delli meats, a selection of bread and buns, and fresh toppings everywhere from lettuce to quacamolie.

Today I choose Corned beef on an onion bun with Delli Mustard and pickles. A fruit salad on the side, and a V8-Plus to drink. It's a bit on a pricy side, and im sure Delli meat is loaded with something I'm not supposed to eat, but its alot better then fries and a burger.

Speaking of which. I've noticed how difficult it is to make healthy choices even when they are offered at your local burger joint. Just look at it, fries are so much more appealing than a salad, a burger sure beats a wrap any day!

But it's possable!

Here's what I order.

Burger minus the Mayo and Ketchup. Plus the onion Lettuce and pickle...lots of that stuff!

No fries, Chilli...(maybe fries once in a wile)

and a bottled water or diet coke to drink.

If you can't afford to eat healthy every day(lets face it, it's the more expensive option) might as well cut what you can right?


On a side note, had a wonderful workout yesterday. Half an hour cardio and muscle training, followed up by 15 minuts in the pool doing laps and aqua workouts. Feeling good!

What do you all have planned for the weekend?

6 comments:

Dougie G said...

Good Job Dan! It's amazing what a few changes in our choices can do to our waistlines. Even when ordering fast food I always try to make low fat choices. Like you, chili or baked potatoe instead of fries, no mayo, chicken filet instead of beef burger etc. Plus excersize! I lost 50lbs doing that.Our weekend will consist of some domestic duties, visiting relatives and friends, church on Sunday morning and Supper and a Story Sunday night! Yum!
Have a good one!
We pray for you guys every day....baby too!

Patti said...

I lived on the Druxy's for 15 days, years ago when Spike was in the hospital with his brain aneurism. It was the only thing within walking distance that was worth eating.

They have VERY GOOD food!!

D_Morrison said...

A brain aneurism? I did not know that. Sounds very searious. Im glad he seemed to pull out ok.

Patti said...

Oh yeah, it was one of the exciting times early in our marriage.

Makes for a good story.

D_Morrison said...

I would love to hear it someday Patti.

Dougie G said...

Patti and Spike need to do a Supper and Story sometime. I'll let you know Dan if that happens.