Well I chopped all my hair off. Well not all of it, but most of it. It's the shortest it's been in I'd say 10 years. I can't say I like it to much. But BOY was it easy to comb this morning!
Ever have one of those ultra restful night sleeps? The ones where you wake up all cozy and warm and just don't want to get out of bed. Not because your still sleepy, but because you couldn't imagine ever being so content and comfortable? I slept like that last night. I owe it all to washing and changing the bed sheets I imagine.
I don't think it's possible to sleep better than when you do once the bed sheets have been washed and changed!
The yard-sale went decent. I learnt a thing or two about the other end of the yard-sale bit. Here are some general comments about such.
1) Just because the yard-sale-shopper thinks something is junk does not mean the yard-sale-seller must think so
2) People are never willing to give you what YOU think something is worth, hell there not even willing to give you what THEY think it's worth.
3) Some people will barter with any price you give them, so ask high and you might get what you want for it.
4) People seem rarely willing to pay more than 5 bucks for ANYTHING at a yard sale. I'm talking shoes, TV's, movies, cd's, a car, your house...doesn't matter what it is. If it's at a yard sale people are CONVINCED it's not worth any more than a buck...two at most.
5) Large-ticket items don't sell...
6) If you don't want your old TV...chances are no one else does either.
7) Spot your customers. If someone looks like a computer nerd, try to push the old out of date computer stuff your selling. If someone has a child with them, mention the stuffed animals! Tactics work!
8)In the end, you'll never make enough to cover that day off you took to have the yard sale in the first place. So do yourself a favor visit craigslist.com or Kajiji and save yourself the pain and heat-stroke
4 comments:
I agree with all your observations and , I could add a few more. However, I think in most cases the object of a garage sale is to reduce the inventory in your household so you don't have to move it or dust it. Also, garage sales are people events. It's a time when you get to interact. I find that fun !
Did you sell the bed frame? If not, I could use it. We need to get rid of ours so Ruth can get around the end of our bed to get to her dresser. Our roon isn't big enough for the furniture we have.
It was a portable bed frame Doug, more of a camping bed. It holds a Queen sized air mattress not a regular mattress and box-spring. Yes we did sell it. Sorry.
Don, I think you are right. Yard-Sales not about making money and 99% about the event itself. We did have fun, and it was nice to interact with so many people.
Haha, you're right, especially #3.
Just wondering - are there before and after hair pics?
Post a Comment