A lot needs saying I suppose. We'd rather everyone know the truth from the horses mouse rather than have to live on rumours.
A week or so ago Kim and I found out she was pregnant. On monday we had an ultra sound and discovered she was 12 weeks and 4 days. The next day, after I had left town to attned a funeral, Kim found out from the Doctor that our baby has what is called Anencephaly (warning not for the faint of heart please do not view with children present).
Long story short, best case senerio the baby is born and dies with in seconds to hours of birth. That is not a very good best case senerio. If the pregnancy is carried out till the end and the baby does not miscarry, than there is a 100% chance the baby will die almost right away.
We have asked for a second opinion and are holding on to hope that perhaps it was a wrong diagnosis. However we are preparing for both the best and the worst.
To state the obvious...right now we are totaly devistated, but we are getting by. My parents have been here by our side and that really helped, they stayed with us for a night and helped us. The Williams family was there for Kim wile I was away and that means the world to both of us. Our inlaws(kim's family) have offered prayer and a lot of support, so we are covered in the love of family and friends and that helps.
But that does not make the choice we have to make any easier. The big "A" word, or if you want to butter it up, terminating the pregancy. I will never know the pain and torment going through my wife's mind as she seariously deliberates this very real choice. As we discuss what we had thought would never be an option in a million years. Abortion, termination of pregnancy, mercy killing.
All I can say it pray for us, what we don't need is to be judged or told what the moral high ground is. No one can ever know this pain until they expirence it for themselves.
4 comments:
Dan, thanks for the post. Doug told me you had put it on Facebook, but, I couldn't find it.
All I can say at this point, is that I am praying for both of you: that as each of you seek God for His comfort and blessing: as you draw nearer to Him in your individual pain, you each will be drawn closer together and come into unity of mind. God, Dan & Kim: a three strand cord cannot be broken. God loves you and so do I.
P.S. I just scrolled down to post and my word verification is: "Blesses" --- coincidence or confirmation ?
I'm so sorry to hear that, and I echo Don's thoughts - God weeps with you as you're going through this agony, and he will draw you close even in this as you seek him.
If you ever need anything, let me know. We're praying for you down here.
Praying for you here, too, Dan.
Dear Dan and Kim,
Chris and I have been praying unceasingly for you all week. We are hoping that the test results were wrong, but know that God will sustain you, and hold your hands as you go through these difficult times.
I have a friend who is very good friends with a couple who had a baby girl born to them with the same problem. They also did not believe in the "A" word and decided to allow the baby to be born. They celebrated the short time they had with their much loved baby girl, and when she passed back into God's loving arms, they donated her organs so that several other babies would be given a chance to live. In this way, they were able to find meaning in what had happened to their family. Whatever path you choose, God loves you, and will guide you, and will not judge any decision that you make, and neither will we.
Love,
Dona, Chris, and Family.
Post a Comment