Ok, so I was watching the news today and I heard something very interesting about Gamers. Apparently the old social stigma placed on Gamers is false! You know what I'm talking about? The classic image of a girl deprived greasy haired socially enept zit faced loner. Or the sarcastic, over weight, long haired Comic Book Guy esque gamer. Those of us who enjoy the world of Video games have been living with such a "bad rap" for ages. It's about time we hear some positive news about us!
I was watching CTV today, and I heard something very interesting. APARENTLY studies show Gamers are 1) More likely to go out on Dates 2) more likely to engage in social activities 3) More family oreanted and 4) more successful and often earn more money than those who DO NOT play games.
Let me take a moment to let that sink in....
Perhaps gamers will never live down their reputation, but still, it is good to hear some positive news every now and again.
On a differnt note. I traded in THIS for THIS yesterday. I must say I am QUITE impressed thus far. I'll letcha know what I think when I've had more time to fiddle with it!
5 comments:
Being the age I am, I'm not much interested in games. Solitaire is about my speed. I don't even know what's available but, if what I see in the ads on television is fairly representative of most gaming, then I rate it as being about ten notches below Harry Potter on the " Desireable for spiritual growth " scale. Correct me if I have the wrong slant.
Well, I have to say I respectfully disagree. Gameing provides a real chance for fellowship even amoungst Christians. I know of more than a few Christian game groups, not just for video games too.
But what I have to agree with you on is the content of some(some, not most) video games, can't much argue there.
I don't have time for games, but when I have played them at your house, I did enjoy myself. I like the sports ones. The key is moderation. Things like this can be addictive and take up too much time if you are not discplined.
I have to agree with you there Doug, they sure can take over. They can start to take the place of family and friends if you are not careful. Like anything I believe the key is Moderation, and decernment.
i remember that article
however, we still congratulate the one guy at our weekly D&D gaming group who has kids!
(i mean hey, another nerd with offspring? that's a pretty big achievement! so I suppose if you're a fellow gamer, congratulations also!)
Post a Comment